Monday, July 6, 2015

Writing 1

Hi, my name is Anna and I would like to be a writer.
Holy shit, no way.
Just like a lot of people I know.
Now, the thing is, I am a writer. I already am a writer in the sense that that is a thing I do, and sometimes I do it pretty well.
However! My writing style is something I'd call sort of natural. Especially when I blog. I write almost exactly what I'm thinking and it flows strangely at times. I don't care, though. That's how I write.
Sure if I'm writing an article for GameCola.net (Gaming outside the mainstream) I'll have to be more careful about it and of course edit, but I still just go with whatever in on my mind. That's why I have such a hard time writing article sometimes. I want to sound natural, but my ADD style is not exactly what needs to be in a review about a game. I look at other reviews and try to see how fellow staff writers write, but that's their style of writing, not mine. I usually open with a story, and while it may not interest anyone, that's how I get the ball rolling.
When I write my story, which by the way is coming along pretty alright, I end up trying to be descriptive and a bit more professional (I guess?). Sometimes it works, but other times it really doesn't. I try hard to write the dialogue to be as natural as possible, but sometimes it doesn't always work out so well.
So I'll continue to write and improve and be as natural and as like me as I can. I'll try to improve on being professional and descriptive and awesome as well. I just want to be the best writer I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment