Sunday, August 27, 2017

Things I Should've Said While Still a Collegiate Member Part 1

Greek life is not always about partying. Sure, it's a part of it, but there's more. There's brotherhood, sisterhood, philanthropy, volunteer works, etc. There's more to it than what everyone says.

Something I learned as a collegiate member of a women's fraternity (not sorority...because yeah) is that it can take a lot to get people to see eye to eye on things, and a lot more for people to understand that sometimes...it's in their best interest to take a step back.

Going inactive is a big decision. You don't really get to do anything, but on the other hand, you're not required to do anything. It's great for the member who really just does not have time to care anymore. I was nearly one of those sisters towards the end of my last semester, but I knew I'd regret it and I knew it'd be a pain in the ass for another executive board member to peace the hell out. They'd have done fine without me, but I still would've felt bad.

Sometimes there are members who stay for certain reasons and events. That's a shitty thing to do when you have no intention of caring about other responsibilities. It does more harm than help.

I will definitely miss my sisters, and I have a lot more to say on this subject, but for now this is all I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment